31 Jul 2014

Life In July

July seems to have gone by in a flash! I find every year seems to go by faster which certainly never was the case when I was younger. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for this but everyone I know seems to say the years go by faster and faster as they age so if you know of it, let me know in the comments!

LOVING IN JULY

The Sims 3 - I'm a total Sims addict and download so much custom content. With The Sims 4 landing in September I'm holding on to all my Sims 3 bits and getting a little bit lost in creating my virtual reality all over again.

Puppies - I've been having so much fun just lazing around outside with the dogs, taking them on walks next to the river in the late afternoon when the light is so perfect that I end up kicking myself for not bringing my camera. It's been so good just to hang out with my furry companions.

School holidays - It's love and dread in equal measure usually but these past two weeks of Layla waking me up by climbing into bed with me and staying there for longer than five minutes have been bliss. I feel like I have time to slow down and just watch her without her hurrying off to school or hurrying back in a slightly tired and frazzled mood. Things have been a lot more relaxed around here and it's really very lovely to have her around so much.

Wildflowers - Our local council have planted thousands of them on roundabouts and along the sides of the pavement. It's so much nicer and better for the bees than mowed grass and such a beautiful start to morning walks and errand-running.

I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes - It's been a long time since I read a really great thriller and this is really great. Really really great. Also really long but I enjoyed that because the pacing was so perfect for me.

Black eyeshadow as eyeliner - I've been giving up the liquid liner recently and have replaced it with black eyeshadow on a thin brush pushed into the lash line. I find the smudged look a bit messy usually but for definition in this heat, it's perfect.

LOATHING IN JULY

The weather - The stifling heat that cannot be broken by a few storms and a slight breeze. It felt like it could be cut right through with a butter knife out there for most of July and it just irritated me by the end. I'm so glad for it to be slightly less muggy yet still warm.

Rightmove - I have a love/hate relationship with Rightmove but the amount of beautiful cottages to rent within our price range but out in the depths of nowhere is making me hate it a bit. It's my own fault for late night browsing but really, I need to delete the app. I want a cottage!

TV Shows - Most of my favourites are on hiatus and don't come back until the Autumn. Falling Skies is really the only one still going and so far, over half way in, it's only now starting to pique my interest a little. I want my TV shows back please!

World news & idiots - Just everything about the horrible things happening in the world. I feel so passionately about so many things and so many idiots come out of the woodwork when awful things are around and reported on 24/7. It just makes me so sad that people could really think that way about events such as these.

Terrible quality of sleep - I've been awake from 3am - 2am at least half of the week now for over two weeks. Yes, that means one hour of sleep a night and yes, I'm grouchy. I've always been an insomniac so its nothing new but with the weather, a fair bit of stress and general worrisome feelings it's been even worse. I'm looking forward to an early night and a full night's rest soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to Sims 4 :) Can't wait to try it out but I'm disappointed that they are removing some key features though. Saying that, I have more fun making the people and the houses than actually playing the game itself!
    I second the terrible quality of sleep thing! The weather doesn't help and my bf has gone away from the week so I'm just lying there most nights just waiting...

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! If you have a burning question please don't hesitate to tweet me @sheandlife_