30 Jul 2014

Car Boot Sale Finds

Sunday morning I piled into a car and headed off in search of second hand treasures at the local car boot sale. I love buying second hand - mainly because I don't have enough money to buy everything new but also because I love the antiques you can find that have such history. I didn't pick up any antiques this time and a lot of it was for the girls but I thought I'd show you regardless because I'm really happy with the finds.

The plum John Lewis winter coat has only ever been worn once and I only paid £4 for it. I don't think Layla will be in it for long this Autumn and Winter but it was too lovely to pass up. Along with sequinned Ugg-style boots, metallic Converse-style trainers, peony printed leggings and a striped and sequinned long sleeve top for an extra £5, both girls were happy when I came home too. The necklace I've seen on so many websites for £10+ but a seller there has a contract with one of the factories in China and I came away with this baby for a mere £4. I wish I had the change on me to buy more but this was my last purchase and I was all out of coins. I'm going to be wearing it so much in the Autumn and Winter with collared shirts to brighten up a dull outfit.

I picked up a pink and grey Graco car seat too for a mere £4. Amelia has grown out of her stage one car seat and stage two's retail for anything from £15-60 so it was a pretty great steal, especially since it's in fantastic condition. I didn't picture it because it was very hard to photograph and probably wouldn't appeal to anyone but me regardless. Lastly, this Laura Ashley rug was...wait for it...one pound. £1. I practically threw the coin at the poor bloke next to his car and scarpered off with it because, a pound? It's now near the front door adding a little bit of interest to the grey hall.

Have you picked up anything great at car boot sales recently?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a car boot sale in ages! That is definitely something I miss from the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat a good old car boot, it's been ages since I have been to one, but you have inspired me to go. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love car boot sales! I once went to one a I could fill a sack for £1, I basically came home with a while new wardrobe! Looks like you had a very successful trip!

    Hayley-Eszti
    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that coat. In an adult size. I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked up so many great things :O and the car seat - what a bargain.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! I love a boot fair can't wait to be able to drive and bundle my little family in the car early in the morning to grab some bargains :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! If you have a burning question please don't hesitate to tweet me @sheandlife_