20 Jul 2014

Happy Week #2

Having a sickness bug hasn't been the best part of my week but it has allowed me to appreciate the little things much more than I usually do. Like laying in until 10am, being brought water with fresh mint floating on the top in bed and walking downstairs to the washing up already done and tidied away.

Embracing rest in a culture of busy - this is exactly what I needed to read. I often feel like I should be busy constantly or else I'm wasting my time but really, rest is a good thing.

Designing my new blog layout. Being awake most of the night gives you a lot of time to think so I overhauled (again - let's not pretend this is a new thing) and came up with a design I'm really rather happy with. The ever-so talented Zie is working on an updated illustration for the sidebar due next week too which I'm super excited for. My last one was so spot on it's now printed into a card and used as my official ID (kidding but really, there was a complete likeness).

Watching We Bought A Zoo and afterwards listening to Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla on repeat under the duvet.

It's been just over a year since our little pug cross, Dexter came on the long drive home with me but a year later he's snuggled up to my thigh being a complete and utter mama's boy. He brings me joy even when he is a little ridiculous with his ways.

After Rosie's blog post on how to get the perfect latte layers I've been a little obsessed with recreating it. So far, so not worthy of a camera shot.

Summer holidays! Layla finished her last day of school for the term Friday which means we have six blissful (maybe) weeks of being together. This also means I have to come up with things to keep us all occupied but there's a trip to the beach on the cards already and we're all so ready to have some time to relax as a family. We're not going away anywhere or doing anything special so day trips, walks and crafts are the main things on our agenda.

Ordering succulents and cacti online rather than trawling the shops to be told they have none in stock is a lifesaver when you're really not in the mood to be outside your front door.

How was your week?

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! My week was a long one full of work. I am very much looking forward to three days off and little bit of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! If you have a burning question please don't hesitate to tweet me @sheandlife_