3 Aug 2014

Pinspiration :: Blinds

Images sources 1 :: 2 :: 3 :: 4

Window treatments are not something I get excited about. Painting, adding in textiles and hanging things on the walls are all things that I love to look at and gain inspiration from but curtains and blinds are merely a necessity. Lately I've realised just how much they can transform a space and I've been looking at blinds and curtains everywhere to bring a little more texture to a room.

All of the windows in my house either have a plain white voile at the window or a lace net. The voiles are great because they let in much needed light and you can see out but people outside can't see in. With Autumn approaching I'm thinking they just may not be warm enough and so I'm looking into blinds and curtains to go beneath or over the voiles.

Blinds in the kitchen is where I'm beginning. I have a back door with a window in that freaks me out every time I walk past it at night (too many horror films, I guess) and so that's the first job. I love the selection at VELUX and Dunelm but I'm also going to look at how to make my own because I have some beautiful fabric just sitting in my office waiting for inspiration to strike.

What do you prefer: curtains, blinds, nets, voiles or a combination? Leave me some inspiration in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! If you have a burning question please don't hesitate to tweet me @sheandlife_